16 Nisan 2013 Salı

JOURNAL 3


                                                             THE TRUMAN SHOW
                                          
 

              Last semester I was very bored and I didn’t know what to do. Then I started watching a film whose name is ‘ The Truman Show’. It’s star is Jim Carrey who I admire so much. Also there is another performer whose names are Laura Linney, Noah Emmerich, and Natascha McElhone.It was made in 1998. Although it is very old movie , I think it is very good and still very popular.

                I want to talk about its plot. There is a man whose name is Truman Burbank. He lives in a small town with his wife. He has a ordinary life and he is happy with it. Every morning he goes his work, comes back his home and has time with his wife or friends. He wants to discover the world from his childhood but every time he starts to do this he encounters with blocks. Thus he lives in this small town and can’t go anywhere. Almost every day he does same things, he lives a repetitive life. While he lives in this town, he realizes some different occasions. One day he sees his dead father at the street and he becomes shocked. When he starts to thinking he realizes that his wife, his friends even his mother act weird and Truman can’t understand the reason of it. Actually Truman is a part of a Tv show and he doesn’t know this. The town he lives is actually a studio and the people who live with him actually are actors with small headphones on their ears. They are directed by the director of the program. Truman doesn’t know these but he realizes that there is something different and he decides to learn what’s going on. He remember his old girlfriend who met his college years. In a strange way everyone wants them to break up and while they stay alone the girl’s father comes suddenly and takes the girl. The girl says to Truman reality about this Tv show  but Truman can’t understand what she means. These occasions become tip for Truman and he starts to discover truths.

                After that point I won’t talk about the film because I don’t want to give spoil to people who haven’t watched yet. I can say that If you haven’ seen that movie yet you should watch it because it makes you query your own life. Also this film raises that question to people’s mind: If I learned that my whole life is a lie like Truman’s life, what would I do? I think you should watch this movie immediately because I think you will enjoy it.

               

1 yorum:

  1. Buket i like your writing. This is very benefical, I am thinking of watching this film and i definititely will do it. and you did not give any spoiler, this is very good. Again thanks for your writing.

    YanıtlaSil